Types of Checking Accounts in New York, NY
Checking accounts are probably the most common type of bank account held by U.S. adults, yet not everyone has the best checking account they could. There are a number of factors to consider when choosing the checking account for you, including interest rates, fees, minimum balance requirements, special incentives, services and more. If you’re shopping for a checking account in , these are all things you’ll need to evaluate.
There are numerous different types of checking accounts, including special accounts designed to meet the specific needs of certain account holders. Below is a list of some of the types of checking accounts nearby that may be perfect for you:
Compare Checking Accounts Available in , New York
- High yield checking account: These accounts offer higher interest rates than traditional checking accounts. Keep in mind, however, that high yield accounts might have more fees or a minimum balance associated with them.
- Online checking account: Like most deposit accounts, you can obtain a checking account online that you can use without having to visit a physical bank branch.
- Free checking accounts: Free accounts do not have a monthly maintenance fee or minimum balance requirement. The trade-off might be a low interest rate, though.
- Student checking account: Many financial institutions will offer a free checking option to account holders who are in school.
- Business checking account: It’s important to keep your personal and business finances separate with a business checking account. These accounts are also designed to handle the needs of a business rather than an individual.
- Checking account for bad credit: It’s harder to get a checking account when your credit is poor, but some banks and credit unions offer second chance checking accounts to help you get back on track.
Whatever type of checking account you choose, New York Banking Rates can help you locate accounts available near you and bring you up-to-date interest rate information.